The objectives of the Chiltinas are as follows:
- To promote playing of English, Anglo and Duet Concertinas.
- To exist as a self-help group of enthusiasts of the concertina, willing to share musical knowledge and expertise to the benefit of all.
- To provide a monthly meeting for squeezers of all abilities (mainly from the south-east of England), where concertina players can congregate to play, discuss and enjoy all aspects of music (e.g. Folk, Morris, Classical, Jazz and Concertina Band music.)
- To promote those Societies, Organisations, Festivals, Workshops and Individuals that keep the tradition of English and other branches of Folk Music alive.
- To actively support the work and aims of the International Concertina Association (the ICA).