- The International Concertina Association. This is a body that promotes all aspects of the concertina on an international basis. The Chiltinas encourage all concertina players to support the aims and objectives of this organisation.
- The English Folk Dance and Song Society. If you are interested in folk music in the English tradition, then you must join this organisation.
- Halsway Manor. This is the only centre in the country, solely devoted to folk music activities all the year round. Promoting song and dance through its many residential courses and activities.
- The Camping and Caravanning Club – Folk Section. Regular Family Weekends of Dance, Song and Socialising – must be members of the Camping and Caravanning Club.
- The Folk Camp Society. Brilliant catered (and some uncatered) holidays – comfortable camping with music, dancing and singing as primary activities.
- West Country Concertina Players. Hold bi-monthly meetings at Ruishton, near Taunton, Somerset and residential Concertina weekends at Kilve Court, Kilve, Somerset. (Beginners may borrow a concertina and be instructed.) Also hold Concertina workshops at Sidmouth Folk Festival, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01258 450 927.
- Folk South-West. Organise regular Folk events in the South-West of the UK, email: email@example.com, Tel: 01935 822 911.
- Swaledale Squeeze – see their Facebook page. Super annual Concertina May weekend at Grinton YHA, in beautiful Swaledale. Workshops for all Concertina systems and dance on Saturday evening in Reeth village hall. ‘Round the Room’ in the evenings supported by the famous ‘Black Sheep Bitter’ on draught. email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel: 01943 463 804.
Concertina makers, repairers, suppliers
- Colin and Rosemary Dipper – Dipper concertinas. Tel: 01985 840516
- Steve Dickinson – Wheatstone & Co, Tel: 01449 615 523
- The Button Box
- Chris Algar – Barleycorn concertinas, Tel: 01762 816 504
- John Connor – Connor Concertinas – now retired, Tel: 01702 546 745
- Hamish Bayne – Holmwood Concertinas, Tel: 0131554 6663
- Marcus Butler – Marcus Music, Tel: 01633815 612
- This is ‘a must’ for all concertina owners! David Elliott’s book – ‘Concertina Maintenance Manual’. Available from the author, Tel: 0114 286 3069
- Concertina Spares – for all your concertina spares
- Nigel Sture Concertinas – Concertina Repairs and Restoration, Hillside Cottage, Frogmore, Kingsbridge, Devon, TQ7 2NR. Tel: 01548 531525
- Concertina.com – A site of concertina links
- Concertina FAQ – A site containing the answers to many concertina questions
- Concertina.net – A dynamic concertina site. Anglo based, but of interest to all.
Suppliers of concertina tutors, instruments, song and music books
- Hobgoblin – Tel: 0845 130 9500
- The Music Room – Tel: 01274 879 768
- Bedroom Acoustic Music – Tel: 01525 404 304
- Music books from D and A Appeling, 55 Arle Road, Cheltenham, Gloucester – Tel: 01242 692 243
- Beautiful Jo Records, 86 Marlborough Road, Oxford OX1 4LS
- Topic Records, 50 Stroud Green Rd,London,N4 3EF
- Pugwash Music, 72 Sheffield Rd, Glossop, Derbyshire SK13 8QP
- Fellside, 15 Banklands, Workington, CA14 3EW
- Roots Music, 67 Westgate Road, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 1SG, email: email@example.com Tel: 0191 236 256
- Veteran, 44 Old St. Houghley, Stowmarket, Suffolk IP14 3NX
Folk Clubs and Associated Musical Sites
- The Stortfolk Music Club (Beerfordbury)
- Wongawilli Band and Colonial Dance Club
- Hitchin Folk Club Tel: 01462 711 664.
- Hands on Music Weekends
- Baldock and Letchworth Folk Club – Tel: 0845 123 2658 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sutton Folk Club – Tel: 01767 260 377/041
- The Place Folk Club
- Sidmouth Folk Week. Tel: 01395 577952
- Whitby Folk Week. Tel: 01274 833669
- Beverley Folk Festival, East Riding. Tel: 01914 434 666.
- Broadstairs Folk Week. Details – Tel: 01843 604080